Who looks after your personal information
Your personal information will be held by UPBEAT of Waverley House, 6 The Bramblings, Rustington, West Sussex BN16 2DA, United Kingdom.
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
How the law protects you.
As well as our Data Privacy Promise, your privacy is protected by law.
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is.
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are:
What we use your personal information for
Our legitimate interest
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to store your buying history with us and to comply with quality assurance and regulatory requirements governing the products we offer.
- for other purposes including improving our services and identifying products and services that may be of interest.
- To enable us to offer product support following the purchase of our products
Who we share your personal information with
We will share your personal information with other organisations to provide you with the product or service you have chosen:
- If you have made a payment to us via our e-commerce website we will share transaction details with companies which help us to provide this service (such as PayPal, Visa and Mastercard).
- We do not share our customer information with third parties.
Where we collect your personal information from
We will collect your personal information from a number of sources including:
- Purchase orders and product enquiries by post or email
- Meetings and conferences where you have met with our staff members
- Exhibitions and industry networking events where you give us your business card or complete a product feedback form
- Over the phone when new product information is requested
Do you have to give us your personal information
In order to process your order or provide product information/evaluations we will need to collect certain personal information. If you fail to provide this information to us it will prevent or delay us fulfilling these obligations.
What rights you have over your personal information
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information including:
- the right to access the personal information we have about you.
- the right to get us to correct personal information that is wrong or incomplete.
- the right to ask us to stop using or delete your personal information.
- from 25 May 2018 you will have the right to receive any personal information we have collected from you in an easily re-usable format when it’s processed on certain grounds, such as consent or for contractual reasons. You can also ask us to pass this information on to another organisation.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
How long do we keep your personal information?
Order information: when you place an order for goods and services, we retain that information for a minimum period of six years following the end of the financial year in which you placed your order, in accordance with our legal obligation to keep records for tax purposes under paragraph 6, Schedule 11 of the Value Added Tax Act 1994.
Correspondence and enquiries: when you make an enquiry or contact us by email or via our contact form, we will retain your information for as long as we continue to provide products with a legitimate interest to you.
Mailing list: we retain the information you used to sign up for our newsletter for as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe) or if we decide to cancel our newsletter service, whichever occurs first.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions or require more information about how we use your personal information please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0843 658 0856.
Last updated: 14th June 2018